Monday, May 23, 2011

Introduction

Hello, my name is Vickie and I am one of two management interns at the Town of Marana. I am very excited to begin working with all the departments, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with the community. I hope this blog will be both educational and fun to read.

First, some quick background information. I am a recent graduate from the University of Arizona with my Masters in Public Administration. While my focus is primarily in public and non-profit financial management, I am interested in all aspects involving public service. I believe that strong community values are attributed to a government that cares about its citizens.

The Town of Marana is a growing community, and is known for its business-friendly environment. During a time of rough economic times at a national (and even global) level, Marana has maintained a balanced budget while also implementing new projects that will promote economic growth in the community. This isn't necessarily due to one specific department, however, but rather the sum of all Marana's parts. As I work with each department during my internship, I hope to be able to convey the importance of every part of Marana.

Quick outline of internship:
  1. Rotations of departments
    • Overview of each rotation day. Here is a schedule of the rotations.
  2. Special projects
    • I will be working on projects once my rotation schedule is finished. As of right now, I plan to work with the clerk and community development departments on a local homeland security project.

No comments:

Post a Comment