Friday, July 15, 2011

A day of ribbon cuttings and renewable energy

Yesterday I had a fun time attending the ribbon cutting at the brand new Quik Trip location on Cortaro by the I10 freeway. They were handing out cups for free refills for 90 days. I was very impressed with the wide array of drink options they had, from fountain sodas to slushees to frappaccinos. The place was extremely busy. The positive energy was quite evident in the air. Not familiar with Quik Trip, I was intrigued by the different kinds of chocolate truffles they had at the front counter. They had one particular brand of chocolate that looked like it was wrapped the way you would find individual butter pieces wrapped in a resturant. I had no idea it was actually chocolate until I was informed so.

My second visit was to Trico's new solar panel field. Trico customers have the option of buying a portion or a whole panel if they would like to tap into solar power for their homes. This is a great option for customers who want solar energy, but don't want solar panels on their house. I had a chance to walk around the field and take a couple pictures of the panels.




For more information on the solar panels, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment